Community sport is important because it’s where every Wellingtonian has the opportunity to develop a life-long love of sport, and where our future champions are nurtured. The people who play and support sport in our communities are at the heart of everything we advocate.
We produce the "Sport Connector" newsletter every three weeks which is the best way to keep up to date and we recommend every club committee member and Regional Sports Organisation Board member receives it directly.
Our objectives are:
- Promote "Whole of Sport" approach
- More kids and adults playing sport
- More volunteers, especially coaches
- More competent Regional Sports Organisations (RSOs) and Clubs
- Stakeholders enhancing sport