More Kids, More Opportunities, More Skills
KiwiSport is a government funding initiative administered by Sport Wellington to increase participation in sport for school-aged children.
The Wellington KiwiSport Regional Partnership Fund Plan 2012-15 outlines how KiwiSport funding will be allocated and distributed across the greater Wellington region (Wellington, Porirua, Hutt Valley, Kapiti Coast and Wairarapa). Sport Wellington is responsible for the distribution of $2.2 million over three years.
KiwiSport aims to:
- Increase the number of school-aged children participating in organised sport
- Increase the availability and accessibility of sport opportunities for all school-aged children
- Support children in developing skills that will enable them to participate effectively in sport
Sport Wellington, in partnership with local councils, will be hosting forums to seek community input on the draft 2015-18 Wellington KiwiSport Regional Partnership Fund (RPF) Plan.
For more information please select the relevant forum below
- Kapiti Coast - 19th March 6.30 - 8.30pm at the Coastlands Aquatic Centre
For information on other forums happening around the region, including Wairarapa, Upper Hutt, Lower Hutt, and Porirua click here.
KiwiSport Funding Closing DateS 2014/15:
Applicants for KiwiSport Funding close on the following dates:
- Monday 17th March, 2014 (Closed)
- Monday 18th August, 2014 (Closed)
- Monday 9th March 2015 (Closed)
Please note that applications for KiwiSport funding can be submitted at any time of the year
More About KiwiSport in Wellington
Information and Impact click here
Applying for Funding click here
KiwiSport in the Headlines click here