KIWISPORT REGIONAL PARTNERSHIP FUND (RPF)
The KiwiSport RPF aims to:
- Increase the number of school-aged children participating in organised sport;
- Increase the availability and accessibility of sport opportunities for all school-aged children;
- Support children to develop skills that will enable them to participate effectively in sport at both primary and secondary level.
CONSIDERATIONS FOR FUTURE FUNDING APPLICATIONS:
From 2018 onwards, some changes to the KiwiSport Regional Partnership Fund priorities have occurred. To see “more kids, more opportunities, more skills” occurring in our communities most effectively, applications that have a focus on the following will be prioritised:
- Programmes / approaches that engage and support young people in low-participating communities to ensure they receive appropriate physical activity or sporting opportunities. The following groups have been determined to have lower rates of engagement in sport:
Low decile communities
Girls aged between 10 and 18 years
- KiwiSport funding for in-curriculum initiatives will be minimal over 2017/18. The School Sport Futures project (Sport NZ) identified an issue with sport-based programmes replacing quality physical education, particularly in primary schools, and therefore Sport NZ has recommended this reduction.
If you have a large project that spans regionally, provides new, or expands existing, sporting opportunities for school-aged children that requires funding, then we would encourage you to send in your EOI application. KiwiSport funding is not intended to maintain the same initiative long term as funding is only confirmed until June 2019.
KiwiSport Funding Requirements for all applications can be found here.
KiwiSport Funding Considerations for all applications can be found here.
KIWISPORT FUNDING MEETINGS
If you would like to meet with our KiwiSport Senior Advisor, Amanda Taylor, to discuss a potential KiwiSport application and to gain clarity around the expectations, requirements and understand the quality of applications that Sport Wellington are seeking, please email email@example.com to make an appointment.
KIWISPORT TARGETED FUND
Applications are now closed
KIWISPORT TARGETED FUND (June 2018) - KEY DATES:
Sunday 10 June (midnight)
Expressions of interest (EOI) closed
Monday 18 June 2018
EOI's assessed by KiwiSport assessment panel
Friday 22 June 2018
EOI applicants notified of outcome, request for full project plan and budget from shortlisted applicants only
Monday 9 July (5pm)
Full project plan and budget submitted by shortlisted applicants
Tuesday 24 July 2018
Project plans assessed by assessment panel & recommendations put forward to Sport Wellington Board
Friday 17 August 2018
All applicants notified of outcome
KIWISPORT OPEN FUND
Applications are now closed
The Wellington KiwiSport OPEN FUND is a community driven on-line application fund where schools, clubs, sports
and community organisations can apply for seed funding with a focus on providing new or expanded sporting opportunities
for school-aged children.