Maternal Green Prescription
Maternal Green Prescription (MGRx) is a free programme to promote the health and well-being of pregnant women (and their child) through improved nutrition and increased levels of physical activity. Our team of Healthy Lifestyles Co-ordinators work with women to encourage positive healthy lifestyle changes that will benefit their growing baby and whole whānau.
How we support:
- Regular reviews with families over a 12 month period
- Promote the healthy feeding of babies - encouraging and supporting breastfeeding, and introducing healthy first foods
- Practical cooking and food workshops
- Physical activity support
- Community networking and engagement
Who is MGRx for?
We prioritise referrals with particular reference to:
- Pregnant women diagnosed with pre-diabetes (HbA1c 41-49)
- Pregnant women at risk of pre-diabetes
- Maori and Pasifika mothers
- Young mothers <24 years
- Body Mass Index (BMI) >30
Who can refer?
Lead Maternity Care services / Midwives (LMCs), Obstetricians, GPs, Dieticians, registered healthcare professionals or by self-referral if the programme criteria are met.
Please contact the Maternal Green Prescription team on (04) 380 2070 ext. 261 or email email@example.com.
|Maternal Green Prescription Referral Form|