Maternal Green Prescription
Maternal Green Prescription (MGRx) is a free programme to promote the health and well-being of pregnant women (and their child) through improved nutrition and increased levels of physical activities. Our team of Healthy Lifestyles Co-ordinators work with women to encourage positive healthy lifestyle changes that will benefit the growing baby and whole whānau.
How we support:
- Regular reviews with families over a 12 month period
- Promote the healthy feeding of babies including encouraging and supporting breastfeeding
- Promoting healthy feeding (including the introduction of healthy first foods)
- Practical cooking and food workshops
- Physical activity support
- Community networking and engagement
Who is MGRx for?
We prioritise referrals with particular reference to:
- Pregnant women diagnosed with pre-diabetes (HbA1c 41-19)
- Pregnant women at risk of pre-diabetes
- Maori and Pasifika
- Young mothers <24 years
- Body Mass Indez >30
Who can refer?
Lead Maternity Care services / Midwives (LMCs), Obstetricians, GPs, Dieticians, any other registered healthcare professionals or by self-referral if programme criteria are met. Please contact the Maternal Green Prescription team on (04) 380 2070 ext. 261 or email email@example.com.
|Maternal Green Prescription Referral Form|