Programme Advisor (x2)
Working with partner organisations, Sport Wellington plays both a lead and supporting role across the region to increase levels of physical activity to create healthier, happier, and better-connected communities towards a stronger Aotearoa. Embracing the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and our belief in the importance of inclusion and diversity, we will ensure that no one misses out.
We are seeking two Programme Advisors (35-40 hours per week):
- Programme Advisor (supporting Wellington, Kāpiti and Porirua communities)
- Programme Advisor (supporting Hutt Valley and Wairarapa communities)
Purpose of Position
As a Programme Advisor your role is to assist, support, advise and champion the implementation of programmes and initiatives that lead to enhanced wellbeing of people within the Wellington region, such as the Green Prescription initiative. You will work across one or more targeted populations and will connect, collaborate, and partner with individuals and organisations, using evidence-based research to increase levels of physical activity.
Green Prescription is funded by the three District Health Boards, with the goal of enhancing individual health outcomes through improved nutrition and increased levels of physical activity. The service prioritises support for Māori, Pasifika, pregnant woman, whānau living in high deprivation, and tamariki.
Key Performance Areas
- Fulfil the outcomes required by the Green Prescription Delivery team including best-practice support and programme delivery to participants and priority groups, including:
- Timely client management and contact
- Individualised or whānau healthy lifestyle goal setting support with a focus on:
- Tinana: physical activity, nutrition habits, health literacy
- Hinengaro: mental wellbeing and resilience
- Wairua: Confidence and self esteem
- Whānau: social connection
- Lead or support delivery of group programmes appropriate to the needs of clients, in partnership with community organisations where appropriate
- Proactively link clients in with community-based services, events and opportunities that support their health and wellbeing goals
- Complete all programme administration, evaluation and reporting requirements in a timely fashion
- Ensure continued best practice with privacy, health, safety and wellbeing with programme delivery and work activities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A qualification and or relevant experience in physical recreation, nutrition, health and/or health promotion related to adults, children, or special populations
- At least a restricted licence
- Experience as a facilitator
- Effective people skills especially in one on one or group settings
- Efficient communication skills, listening, written and oral
- Effective planning and reporting skills
- Competent IT skills in Office365 including Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, and Dynamics
- Excellent presentation skills
- Stakeholder management skills and experience
- Time management skills
The ideal person for these roles would be a professional, self-motivated and resilient self-starter and a team player who is passionate about making a difference, developing people and committed to Sport Wellington’s purpose and direction.
Please include a cover letter and a current CV in your application and indicate which role you are applying for.
Applications close 5pm on Thursday 13th August
Enquiries and applications can be directed to email@example.com or phone 04 380 2070.