Maternal Green Prescription
Maternal Green Prescription (MGRx) is a free programme to promote the health and well-being of pregnant women (and their child) through improved nutrition and increased levels of physical activity. Our team of Healthy Lifestyles Co-ordinators work with women to encourage positive healthy lifestyle changes that will benefit their growing baby and whole whānau.
See what Maternal Green Prescription can do for you. Check out Tia's story by clicking on the video below:
How we support:
- Regular reviews with families over a 12 month period
- Promote the healthy feeding of babies - encouraging and supporting breastfeeding, and introducing healthy first foods
- Practical cooking and food workshops
- Physical activity support
- Community networking and engagement
Who is MGRx for?
We prioritise referrals with particular reference to:
- Pregnant women diagnosed with pre-diabetes
- Pregnant women at risk of pre-diabetes
- Māori and Pasifika mothers
- Young mothers under 24 years of age
- Weight concerns
How can I get involved?
If you feel Maternal Green Prescription is the right fit for you, fill out our self-referral form and we will get in touch with you. Alternatively, ask your GP, midwife or lead maternity carer about us.
How can I refer my client?
See our online referral form for Lead Maternity Care services / Midwives (LMCs), Obstetricians, GPs, Dieticians, registered healthcare professionals.
For more information on Maternal Green Prescription or other healthy lifestyle opportunities please call 0800 ACTIVE or email firstname.lastname@example.org