Info for play, active recreation, and sport sectors
On this page you will find webinars, resources, links to financial, legal advice and business continuity as a result of COVID-19.
Leadership from Lockdown: How do we lead effectively from self-isolation?
Over the past few weeks, we have seen unprecedented disruption at all levels of sport and recreation in Aotearoa New Zealand and around the world. Women in Sport Aotearoa and their partners at the Trans-Tasman Business Circle are delighted to bring you a free series of live “V-vent” ZOOM interviews with key leaders.
In this series:
- Listen to the stories of a varied range of top leaders from across sport and active recreation
- Explore the major decisions they have made (or reacted to) and their decision-making processes
- Understand the practicalities of managing staff, stakeholders and volunteers through significant change
- Find out about the process of redeveloping an organisational strategic plan and budget “on the fly”
- Learn about opportunities and challenges unique to their particular position or type of organisation
- Hear authentic insights about the journey they have been on personally, as they lead from lockdown
Week One: Thursday 9 April 2020, 13.00 – 13.45 NZT
Week Two: Friday 17 April 2020, 13.30 – 14.15 NZT
Week Three: Friday 24 April 2020, 13.30 – 14.15 NZT
Week Four: Friday 1 May 2020, 13.30 – 14.15 NZT
Week Five: Friday 8 May 2020, 13.30 – 14.15 NZT
Week Six: Friday 15 May 2020, 13.30 – 14.15 NZT
Briefing on Business Continuity Package
This 30-minute webinar focuses on unpacking the Government's Business Continuity Package.
Sport NZ has many resources on their website that can help you, and your staff, through these challenging times.
How to Lead Through a Crisis
How do you guide when the crisis is external and not planned for? How do you as a leader give answers to questions you seek yourself? And how do you reassure when the future is unknown?
Sport NZ in conjunction with BDO has created BCP and Pandemic Plan templates. If you don’t already have one or wish to assess the content of what you have, go to Sport NZ's website linked below.
Additionally, in response to COVID-19 the New Zealand Government is acting to support the economy.
The legal implications of COVID-19.