On this page:
We understand the difficult and challenging environment schools are working in under Covid-19 restrictions. This page is to support schools with resources, contacts and information relevant to operating under the various alert levels.
A team of staff are available online, to maintain connections and provide you and your staff with support in any way you need, including but not limited to;
- Strategies for supporting staff and student’s wellbeing and physical activity whilst at home
- Ideas for students to have quality HPE experiences whilst at home
- Appropriate HPE activities in school for current Alert Level Status
- Forward planning for Health & Physical Education as we move further down Alert Levels
If you have any questions please email us and we will direct your enquiry to the appropriate team member.
Primary School Connect
On Thursday 14 May, we hosted the first of our regular Primary School Connects. The purpose of this conversation was to gain an understanding of what is currently front and centre within the primary school context; and to determine together what the best way is to move forward collectively in this COVID-19 environment.
Based on the insights gathered during this connect, Sport Wellington are currently working to develop their primary school support plan.
Download the PDF of the key messages and insights to find out more.
The next Primary School Connect is scheduled for Wednesday 3 June. If you did not receive an invitation for the first Connect, and would like to attend the next one, please email us to register your interest.
Oh Thursday 7 May, we hosted the first of our regular Secondary School Connects.
The purpose of this conversation was to provide Secondary School leaders and sport co-ordinators with detailed information and updates associated to the physical activity system in order to help them respond to the impact of COVID-19.
Attendees heard from:
- Rodger Thompson, Sport Wellington
- Rodger Wood, Sport New Zealand
- Dayle Clarkson, Sport Wellington Wairarapa
- Bryan Dickinson, College Sport Wellington
COVID-19 Wellbeing Guide
Te Whare Tapa Wha Poster and Worksheet
Physical Education NZ guidelines
Weekly wellbeing guides, school toolbox activity guide and more
M3 Mindfulness for Children
Maori storytelling and movement tools to teach children mindfulness