Updates and Postponements for Alert Level 2
Updated 18/08/2020 9:00 am
If you would like us to share links for your sport or activities please email firstname.lastname@example.org
On this page:
Go to College Sport Wellington's website to find out more about school sport for Wellington, Hutt Valley and Kapiti.
|Sport||RSO||Update||Link for more info|
Wellington Cross Country Champs, scheduled for this Sunday at Harcourt Park.
|Badminton||Wellington Badminton||The Central Divisions of the North Island Regional Senior and Super-Vets Inter-Association Northern Divisions can be played under Alert Level 2 restrictions and guidelines and will continue as scheduled for Saturday 15th August 2020. This will monitored and we will be in direct communication with competing associations.||Link|
|Basketball||Wellington Basketball Association||
Friday's IPL League is suspended for this week; catch up rounds will be organized when we return.
Thursday's Social College league games are suspended for this week; catch up rounds will be organized when we return
|Basketball||Porirua Basketball Association|| PBA U13 Boys Rep trial
With the precautionary move to Alert Level 2 at noon today, it has been decided to postpone the second boys trial tomorrow Thursday 13 August.
Next trial to be advised.
|Basketball||Kapiti Basketball Association||With more announcements expected in the next 48 hours we expect to be able to make final decisions about this weekend's programmes by midday Friday at the latest.||Link|
|Bowls||Bowls NZ||Alert Level 2 restrictions, we recommend reduced activity on greens, achieved through wider rinks (six rinks per green maximum), and that social distancing and a high standard of hygiene in the clubhouse and on the greens are practiced at all times.||Link|
|Boxing||Trentham Boxing Club||
We will be opening on the 18th May. However classes will be restricted to 9 members and 1 coach. This will be reviewed on the 25th May.
Tuesday and Thursday classes -
Only those participating in classes will be allowed into the gym, we cannot have anyone else waiting in the gym.
|College Sport Wellington|| Based on the advice of our partner sports, the following events have either been cancelled or postponed:
|Cricket||Cricket Wellington|| The Wellington School of Cricket facilities will remain open, however there will be some changes to the way that we operate until we move back to Alert Level 1.
Our changes remain the same as when we have been in Level 2 previously, and are in line with advice provided by New Zealand Cricket and Sport New Zealand.
|Ultimate||Wellington Disc Sports||Leagues will continue to be on with the ASB going back to its level 2 restrictions.||Link|
|Fencing||Fencing Central||Presidents Cup and Veteran Foil will be postponed and will not be taking place this weekend.||Link|
|Floorball||Wellington Storm Floorball||
Sunday Social League and WFL August 16th and August 23rd:
All Junior and Senior Trainings August 14th-August 23rd:
Junior Football | U7-U12
Youth Football | U13-U18
See Facebook for further updates.
|Golf||Wellington Golf Inc||Link|
In liaison with Sport NZ, we will send to clubs and post more information as soon as it becomes available. In the meantime, resources from earlier in the year are available below and on Club Portal.
|Hockey||Wellington Hockey Association||
At this stage, the Wellington Hockey Association still intend to run a full round of competitions with a few restrictions at the facilities.
Due to the limit of 100 people at the turfs, we have had to enforce the following restrictions:
As well as the above, can we also please ask the following:
|Netball||Netball Wellington||Netball Wellington Centre have a level 2 plan in place so we can proceed with planned events at this stage.
ASB have updated us that there are to be NO SPECTATORS at ASB whilst in level 2 and this is as from mid day today. Only participants, management teams, officials and NWC staff will be allowed onsite for all NWC competitions. HATAITAI is no spectators as well.
We will be providing more clarity around what our competition day will look like on Saturday at level 2 to clubs and schools but be aware there is an update scheduled for 1pm on Friday that may change everything at very short notice.
|Rugby||Wellington Rugby Football Union||Any matches Wednesday-Friday will either be cancelled or rescheduled. At Club level this means:
The Women’s match scheduled for Friday night will be rescheduled to Saturday morning
All Under 8/9 and 10/11 Combined Rip Rugby grades are cancelled this Friday evening, and will not be rescheduled for Saturday
College Sport Wellington have cancelled this afternoon's College Girls games and will look to reschedule Friday evening boys matches for Saturday.
No final decision on matches this Saturday will be made until Friday afternoon
|Rugby League||New Zealand Rugby League||Link|
|Softball||Wellington Softball Association||Link|
|Swimming||Swimming Wellington||Swimming Wellington events will all remain as scheduled, however we will provide updates as and when further announcements from government and MoH are released.||Link|
|Surf Life Saving||Surf Life Saving NZ||Link|
|Tennis||Tennis Central Region||Link|
|Touch Rugby||Wellington Touch Association||Link|
|Sport||RSO||Update||Link for more info|
|Football||Capital Football||Cancellation of Junior Grades this weekend regardless of Alert Levels.||Link|
|Football||College Football||In Alert Level 2 football can carry on with measures in place for contract tracing, physical distancing where practical and public health measures|
|Hockey||Hockey Wairarapa|| Primary and Funsticks on Saturday will be cancelled, along with U11 Development programme on Sunday.
College Hockey tonight going ahead.
|Netball||Netball Wairarapa||Alert Level 3 & 4 – No Netball.
Alert Level 1 & 2 – Netball will go ahead.
Make sure you check this in the revised draw attached.
Please note all doubleheaders scheduled for this week have been removed. We will look to schedule all Senior 1 doubleheaders and other catch up games on Friday 21st August from 4pm-7pm.
Finally, under Alert Level 2 the Representative Team trails scheduled for 3pm on Saturday will go ahead. They will be cancelled if we move to Alert Level 3 or 4.
In addition, all deferred inter-College games are to be played at their schools at a time convenient to both teams, over the next 10 days.
|Rugby||Wairarapa Bush Rugby Union||JAB Rugby postponed one week
College Rugby INCLUDING 15th August games postponed for one week
(North Island Sport Coordinators conference)
If the conference does need to be postponed/cancelled delegates will receive a full refund of the conference fee.
The Millennium Hotel has also confirmed that it will refund any pre-purchased rooms.
Please read the SportNZ guidelines for Sport at Level 2 here https://sportnz.org.nz/assets/Uploads/Play-Active-Recreation-and-Sport-at-Alert-Level-2.pdf
Work closely with your event partners – schools, competition organiser (RSO etc), venue operator – to ensure that responsibilities are clearly understood in ensuring:
- gathering sizes of 100 max
- Contact Tracing mechanisms in place for all attendees (Government App https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-novel-coronavirus-resources-and-tools/nz-covid-tracer-app or IdME http://id.idme.co.nz/about-2?em=0 are 2 common applications being used in sport)
- adequate hygiene facilities for hand washing and sanitising shared equipment