Online support - Webinars
In order to respond to specific needs of the sector, we host a range of online sessions that offer specialist support targeted to needs identified in our Sector Survey and ongoing insights-gathering process.
We realise that there is a lot of content accessible at the moment, so we have also compiled a list of useful webinars and resources being delivered by partner organisations.
Delivering great sessions for participants through creative coaching - Sport Wellington
In the third installment of our Coaching through COVID-19 webinar series, we're going global and getting creative as we think about how to deliver great sessions for participants through creative coaching; and Russell Earnshaw from the UK’s Magic Academy is joining us to do just that.
The webinar will cover:
- Learning environments
- Practice design
- Coaching craft – coaching individuals (making it individual), co-coaching
- Gamification – principles to take games-based training to the next level
This webinar is about sharing practical ideas and tools that will help you enhance your coaching.
It is open for all coaches across the play, active recreation and sport sector.
Russell is recognised as a pioneer in the adoption of the ‘gamification’ philosophy to sports coaching. His organisation has developed a number of resources to help coaches around the world understand how to develop great sessions that support participant learning and development through gaming.
Back to Business Webinar Series - BDO New Zealand
BDO's webinar series aims to provide you with valuable insights and practical strategies as you grapple with our new economy, the fallout of COVID-19 and your business recovery.
- Working smarter with technology & the Cloud - Thursday 28 May at 9:00 am | Register now
- Revenue Recognition and impairment of assets - Thursday 4 June at 9:00 am | Register now
You can see the recordings and slides of the first 4 webinars in this series on the BDO website.
See key messages and watch the full recordings of our latest webinars:
14 May 2020
Implementing Character Development - Coaching through COVID-19 Webinar 2
In the latest of our Coaching through COVID-19 webinar series, we explored how coaches can take action to implement character development in their coa...
15 May 2020
Delivering Sport and Recreation at Alert Level 2 - Webinar
Sport Wellington hosted Richard Gordon, from Gibson Sheat Lawyers, and Jenny Fitzmaurice, Head of Participation and Coaching at Tennis New Zealand for...
22 May 2020
Adjusting Sport for Alert Level 2 and Beyond
Sport Wellington hosted Ruth Stanley, Head of Community Netball at Netball New Zealand, and Fran Scholey, CEO of Netball Central, for a webinar Friday...
The following webinars are available for you to watch:
- Sanitation and Contact Tracing in Sport
- Workplans in Play, Active Recreation and Sport
- Organisational Resilence
- Business Continuity Planning
For more information and resources, visit Sport NZ's COVID-19 website.
- Understanding Alert Level 2 and the Sport NZ Relief Package - UPDATED 18.05.20
- Re-engaging our customers at Alert Level 2
- Mental Health & Safety in COVID-19
- Business Continuity Package
- Work at Home
- Delivering Online Recreation
- Parks Management under COVID-19
- Recreation at Alert Level 3
For more information and resources, visit Recreation Aotearoa's COVID-19 website.
- Sector Resilience Meetings
- Schools Resilience Meetings
- Member Engagement and Retention - Thinking Differently (Organised Sport Forum)
- Pricing to Attract and Retain Members - Thinking Differently
- What's on Your Mind? Chat Room
- HR Online Sessions
For more information, and to view the above webinars, visit Aktive's Sector Support page.
BDO New Zealand - Back to Business webinar series:
For more information and resources, visit the BDO New Zealand website.
Employers and Manufactures Association (EMA):
- Rebooting Capability & Capacity - Enabling Your People to Drive Innovation
- Rebuilding Customer Base - Rethinking Channels, Storyline, and Pipeline
- Supply Chain Sustainability
- Health and Safety: Getting Back to Work at Alert Level 3
- Resilient Leadership Through a Crisis
- Agile Workforce: Remote Workers
- Restructure and Redundancy
- Mental Health for Employees
- Managing Employee Leave
- Retention and Redeployment
For more information and to view all the above webinars, visit EMA's Web Series page.