Online support - Webinars
In order to respond to specific needs of the sector, we host a range of online sessions that offer specialist support targeted to needs identified in our Sector Survey and ongoing insights-gathering process.
We realise that there is a lot of content accessible at the moment, so we have also compiled a list of useful webinars and resources being delivered by partner organisations.
1. Open for registration
Retention and Participation in Sport – Why Retention is Important Post Covid
The webinar will share the general trends in participation including retention and drop-out over the past years (2105 – 2018) and as well as ideas about how to retain members in the COVID-19 period. This will include ideas that sports have already used to engage with members during COVID-19 and some ideas for the future to use to retain members
Vicsport, in partnership with Victoria University and Federation University and with support from VicHealth and Sport and Recreation Victoria, have collaborated to bring you a research-based webinar.
Schedule this event in your calendar for Wednesday 26 August, 12.30pm. (10:30am GMT+10)
See key messages and watch the full recordings of our latest webinars:
15 June 2020
The Economy and Change - why we need to think differently
How will COVID-19 effect the NZ economy, what will the impact of this be regionally, and why should the physical activity sector care are just a few o...
30 June 2020
Improving your financial sustainability - webinar
Are you just surviving or are you starting to think differently in order to position yourself for financial sustainability and success?
We know it’s ...
30 June 2020
What is quality Physical Education?
Celia Fleck joined us from Sport NZ in our latest webinar to discuss what exactly goes into delivering quality Physical Education for Tamariki. During...
14 May 2020
Implementing Character Development in Coaching
In our latest coaching webinar, we explored how coaches can take action to implement character development in their coaching. This webinar followed th...
22 May 2020
Adjusting Sport for Alert Level 2 and Beyond
Sport Wellington hosted Ruth Stanley, Head of Community Netball at Netball New Zealand, and Fran Scholey, CEO of Netball Central, for a webinar Friday...
29 May 2020
How to deliver great sessions for participants through creative coaching
Russell Earnshaw, former English rugby player and co-founder of the Magic Academy, joined us in our latest webinar to share his innovative approach to...
The following webinars are available for you to watch:
- Sanitation and Contact Tracing in Sport
- Workplans in Play, Active Recreation and Sport
- Organisational Resilence
- Business Continuity Planning
- Return to Work - Health and Safety at Alert Level 2 by Duncan Cotterill.
- Recovery Support for Business by Business Central
- Transforming Character Strengths into Productive Results - with Dr. Ralph Pim
- Coaches Returning to Play
For more information and resources, visit Sport NZ's COVID-19 website.
- Understanding Alert Level 2 and the Sport NZ Relief Package - UPDATED 18.05.20
- Re-engaging our customers at Alert Level 2
- Mental Health & Safety in COVID-19
- Business Continuity Package
- Work at Home
- Delivering Online Recreation
- Parks Management under COVID-19
- Recreation at Alert Level 3
For more information and resources, visit Recreation Aotearoa's COVID-19 website.
Women In Sport Aotearoa - Leadership in Lockdown series:
- WEEK NINE: Oliver Dudfield, Head of Sport for Development & Peace, Commonwealth Secretariat
- WEEK EIGHT: Jeff Latch, Head of Spark Sport (New Zealand)
- WEEK SEVEN: Dr. Bridie O’Donnell, Director, Office for Women in Sport & Recreation, Victorian State Government
- WEEK SIX: Tracey Prince Puketapu, Acting CEO, Recreation Aotearoa
- WEEK FIVE: Dr. Siouxsie Wiles, MNZM, Microbiologist, Auckland University
- WEEK FOUR: Katie Sadleir, General Manager, Women’s Rugby, World Rugby
- WEEK THREE: Sarai Bareman, Chief Women’s Football Officer, FIFA
- WEEK TWO: Martin Snedden CNZM, Board Member & ‘One Cricket’ Project Lead, New Zealand Cricket (NZC)
- WEEK ONE: Kereyn Smith MNZM, Chief Executive and Secretary General of the New Zealand Olympic Committee (NZOC)
View recordings and notes on the Women In Sport Aotearoa website.
- Sector Resilience Meetings
- Schools Resilience Meetings
- Member Engagement and Retention - Thinking Differently (Organised Sport Forum)
- Pricing to Attract and Retain Members - Thinking Differently
- What's on Your Mind? Chat Room
- HR Online Sessions
For more information, and to view the above webinars, visit Aktive's Sector Support page.
BDO New Zealand - Back to Business webinar series:
- Resetting strategies
- Taxation: Review of COVID-19 Tax Reforms
- Working smarter with technology & the Cloud
- Revenue Recognition and impairment of assets - Thursday 4 June at 9:00 am
For more information and resources, visit the BDO New Zealand website.
Employers and Manufactures Association (EMA):
- Rebooting Capability & Capacity - Enabling Your People to Drive Innovation
- Rebuilding Customer Base - Rethinking Channels, Storyline, and Pipeline
- Supply Chain Sustainability
- Health and Safety: Getting Back to Work at Alert Level 3
- Resilient Leadership Through a Crisis
- Agile Workforce: Remote Workers
- Restructure and Redundancy
- Mental Health for Employees
- Managing Employee Leave
- Retention and Redeployment
For more information and to view all the above webinars, visit EMA's Web Series page.