More kids, more opportunities, more skills
KiwiSport is a government funding initiative administered by Sport Wellington to increase participation in sport for school-aged children. The Wellington KiwiSport Regional Partnership Fund is allocated and distributed across the greater Wellington region (Wellington, Porirua, Hutt Valley, Kapiti Coast and Wairarapa). Sport Wellington is responsible for the distribution of approximately $1.1 million over the next 18 months.
KiwiSport aims to:
- Increase the number of school-aged children participating in organised sport
- Increase the availability and accessibility of sport opportunities for all school-aged children
- Support children in developing skills that will enable them to participate effectively in sport
For applications $10,000 or under.
Application for Funding
For applications more than $10,000.
1 August 2019
Student Coaching Programme continues to make positive impact
The KiwiSport-funded Student Coach Programme is working to facilitate coach education opportunities that are more accessible for secondary schools and...
5 August 2019
New changes to the administration of KiwiSport make it easier than ever to apply
Projects which meet the KiwiSport criteria can now apply for up to $10,000 as part of a newly introduced ‘Fast Fund’ process, rather than having to wa...
Considerations for Funding Applications
- Evidence of partnerships, alignment & organisation credibility
- Quality of programme delivery (monitoring & evaluation)
- Social and non-competitive opportunities
- Evidence of participant voice, meeting participants needs, and Physical Literacy incorporated
Priorities for investment
- Quality experiences with the three approaches incorporated - Locally led delivery, insights and physical literacy
- Low participation groups / communities
- Increased focus on 12-18 year olds
- Coaching – Quality & Quantity
- Quality Intra and Inter-school sport
- Skill Development and Confidence Building
- Family and Community Engagement (particularly in low participation groups)
- Innovative approaches for females (10-18 years) participating in activities that meets their needs
KiwiSport Funding Round 23 - Key Dates
|5 August||Funding Round opens|
|19-23 August||Meetings can be held with the KiwiSport Advisor|
|29 August||Funding Round closes Midnight|
|5-6 September||Applicants must be available to take calls/emails from the KiwiSport Advisor|
|9 September||Applications assessed by Assessment Panel and recommendation put forward to the Sport Wellington Board|
|19 September||Sport Wellington Board Meeting|
|23 September||Applicants notified of outcomes|
The purpose of the review was to determine that the objectives of the Kiwisport RPF remain fit for purpose in light of the current Sport NZ strategy, to see whether it aligns with the aims of Sport NZ’s Young People Plan and to help inform Sport NZ strategic investment decisions from July 2020.
Credit: Sport NZ